Noise Enforcement Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Buckingham Futures have an amazing opportunity in South London for a Noise Enforcement Officer on a rolling contract basis, to provide a regulatory service that is responsible for protecting the community, by using the relevant legislation to control and enforce, in the areas of Noise & Nuisance within Regulatory Services (Environmental Health). Assisting in the maintenance and improvement of the borough’s environment by identifying, investigating and effectively dealing with breaches of legislation. Through written or verbal advice or warnings, notices, seizures and other legal action in accordance with the Enforcement Concordat, and Enforcement Protocol.
A relevant degree in an appropriate discipline or an equivalent academic or professional standard. Or a minimum of seven years active enforcement action within a statutory noise & nuisance team, and be able to show evidence of continuing professional development.
1.Knowledge of the impact of inner city issues on regulatory matters and an awareness of national trends as they affect noise nuisance & environmental health issues.
2.Knowledge of the application of information technology within a noise nuisance, environmental health or trading standards service.
3.An understanding and commitment to the council’s Equality and Diversity Policy and the ability to apply this to the duties and responsibilities of the post.
4.Knowledge of techniques for dealing with conflict, with due regard for personal safety and customer care in service delivery and its practical implications.
5.Experience of providing a ‘first point of contact’ service in a demanding environment with diverse communities.
6. Knowledge of working with external agencies to bring about sustainable improvements in local environmental health quality issues whilst at the same time understanding how these actions impact on a wider council agenda.
7.Knowledge of preparing legal papers and appearing as a witness in court and managing complex caseloads.
1. Ability to use IT software packages, including Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint.
2.The ability to communicate simply and effectively to a range of audiences both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to deliver presentations and write standard and non standard reports
4. Ability to prioritise and organise conflicting work tasks within specific time scales.
5. Ability to analyse information and to present this at an appropriate level to a given audience.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Noise Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly