Environmental Health Officer / Food Safety Officer
Buckingham Futures have taken on a fantastic opportunity in Central London for an 3 Environmental Health Officer / Food Safety Officer
To provide technical professional environmental health services with the overall aim of protecting and improving the health and well being of every resident, worker and visitor within the Borough.
The post holder will be required to undertake their duties in the Food, Health and Safety Team
- Undertake the investigation of service requests and identify contravention of legislation and corrective action to be taken. This will include taking the appropriate action in line with the relevant policies, procedures and legislation in relation to appeals, infection, accidents, risk or other circumstances within the general purview of the section. Inspect or visit vehicles, stalls, plant or equipment.
- Carry out the enforcement of legislation and other powers in a timely and efficient manner, as may be required in line with service and statutory legal guidelines; This will include the presentation of evidence at legal and other quasi-judicial hearings.
- Carry out planned food hygiene and food standards inspections and prepare reports and deal with related correspondence, notices and other documents.
- Scrutinise, process and comment on applications, plans report schemes or other submissions for environmental guidance or clearance as directed.
- Undertake the sampling, testing or seizure of food, equipment, materials, or substances.
- Liaise with officers within Regulatory Services, council services, outside organisations, companies and individuals in order to deliver an effective Environmental Health Service.
- Ensure the Group Manager is kept fully informed on any aspect of work which is controversial, political, strategic, financial or otherwise of a sensitive or highly complex nature.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in legislation, policies, attitudes and techniques relevant to their service groups.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of publicity campaigns and educational work.
- Assist at meetings, working parties, public meetings, exhibitions or demonstrations
- Carry out specialist environmental health duties as requested and in accordance with experience and training.
- Carry out research or survey work related to the work of the Environmental Health Department. Participate in specialist project teams as required.
- Ensure that all financial information is accurately recorded on the appropriate system to make sure that payment and income data is robust.
- Ensure that pre-set financial targets are met and relevant budgets not exceeded.
- Conduct training for staff and official visitors with regard to the function and duties of the Environmental Health Department and for new initiatives and developments; Guide and supervise trainees, administrative and other staff as necessary.
Apply for Environmental Health Officer / Food Safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly