Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer
Our client in East London is looking to appoint an Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer to undertake Food Hygiene interventions in category C - D rated premises on an hourly rate, 36 Hours per week - Immediate start and contract to run until March 2019
- Preparation of written communications and technical reports for customers.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Environmental Health Team Leader commensurate with skills and experience.
- To carry out all work to a high standard in an effective and timely way and in accordance with statutory requirements and relevant Council policies and procedures.
- Personally apply appropriate knowledge and skills to assess all relevant matters found during inspection or investigation in order to determine acceptable levels of risk and any actions that need to be taken to remedy/alleviate or reduce risk to employees, employers, customers and members of the public.
- Be responsible and competent for implementing all necessary statutory, administrative associated procedures as required to carry out designated tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate effectively with peers, members of the public and business community EHORB registered AND/ OR competent to carry out inspections and interventions in risk categories ( C to E) of Food Premises AND be able to demonstrate current competency in line with the Food Law Code of Practice 2017 AND /OR competent to work as a generic EHO focussing on Environmental Protection, Contaminated Land, Planning and Licensing consultations. Level 5 or above in Environmental Health Studies or a qualification relating to health, safety or environment. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English. Proven statement taking, investigative, interviewing and evidence gathering skills. Evidenced relevant CPD showing how knowledge and skills have been kept up to date.
Apply for Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly