Environmental Health Officer
Buckingham Futures have an exciting opportunity in Northern Ireland for an Environmental Health Officer to start asap to cover for maternity leave.
- Food Safety
- Tobacco Control
- Health & Safety at Work
- Consumer Protection
- Public Health
- Housing Environmental
- Protection Planning
- Health and Well Being
- Enforcement of Byelaws
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake visits, inspections, investigations and initiate appropriate follow up action, including the servicing of notices and issuing of permits, licenses and approvals, as defined within their level of authorisation, in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, statutory guidance and departmental policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve complaints and process enquiries within the specific designated functional area of responsibility, whilst meeting timescales and performance indicators.
- Conduct sampling programmes and surveys, to include interpreting and analysing results to ensure appropriate action is taken, including any enforcement action as necessary.
- Assess and make comment on Planning and Building Control applications and consultations to include, providing professional/technical advice and guidance in respect of such consultations on the proposed design and layout of facilities and potential adverse environmental impacts.
- Assist Head of Service and/or SEHO in the preparation and submission of funding applications and monitoring returns in respect of special projects undertaken within the functional area remit.
- Liaise and engage with all stakeholders, elected members, contractors and other Council departments, user groups, voluntary and statutory agencies in order to promote areas of responsibility, meet service needs and ensure statutory regulations are complied with.
- Produce written reports, business cases as required and attend necessary Council meetings and committee meetings.
- Gather and retain evidence and provide witness statements in accordance with PACE, RIPA and when necessary, attend Court as a witness on behalf of Council, in the enforcement of relevant legislation and by-laws.
- Undertake Environmental Health-related project work as directed by the Head of Service / Senior Environmental Health Officer using the principles of good project management.
- Assist in the departmental response to incidents requiring a response and emergencies both within and out with normal office hours.
- Provide knowledge and assistance in formulating responses to consultation documents on behalf of Council.
- Support the Head of Service and/or SEHO in the identification, development and delivery of training courses, instructional talks, lectures or health education activities within the specialist functional area as directed.
- Assist in the training of students on placement or work experience as well as new departmental employees, as required.
- Contribute to the development of service plans as necessary.
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health & Registration with EHRB or equivalent
- Have previous experience in the enforcement of environmental health legislation.
- Have at least 1 year’s previous experience as a practising Environmental Health Officer.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Environmental Health Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly