Principal Noise Pollution Officer
Our client in North London is seeking a Principal Noise Pollution Officer to join its team on an initial 3 month basis.
Purpose of the role
- Ensure the provision of a responsive, outcome focused and cost effective Environmental Health Business and Consumer Services with direct responsibility as Principal Officer for delivering and improving the local authorities Pollution Service. Pollution service incorporates noise and statutory nuisances including but not limited to residential noise, construction, licensed premise noise, planning applications and contaminated land. The post holder will be self-motivated and committed to lead and drive improvement, taking personal responsibility for ensuring the delivery of an effective Pollution service across the Council and the Borough. Perform the role of lead officer for Pollution delivering and providing guidance on complex casework with a working knowledge of legislation. The post holder will keep up to date with legislative and regulatory developments and inform the team ensuring that the impact on the service is communicated and relevant training is identified where required. Support the Environmental Health Manager to project manage, develop and deliver specific and cross-service projects, policy, research on areas of expertise and/or functional activity within the service. Allocate work of the team and to undertake own casework including site visits. Initiate and propose service improvements and support the Environmental Health Manager to deliver service improvements and developments in line with the council’s procurement guidance, as appropriate. Identify learning from external sources to improve strategic delivery of the Pollution Service and encourage team members to do the same.
Education and experience
- Degree in appropriate discipline or an equivalent qualification/relevant experience
- Membership of professional body such as CIEH D D
- Relevant additional qualification, e.g. IOA Noise Diploma
- At least two years’ experience of investigating nuisance complaints and other environmental protection work.
- To register your interest please email email@example.com call us on 020 8732 5450.
- Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance