Buckingham Futures are recruiting for a Licensing Officer on behalf of our client in South East England to start asap initially till January 2019.
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively as part of a team, be capable of preparing relevant correspondence, records, technical reports and statements of evidence and able to prioritise and manage workloads. You must be able to demonstrate recent relevant experience.
Your role may include:
- Process and manage Alcohol and Taxi licensing applications
- Give licensing advice (both face to face and written)
- Monitor compliance with licence conditions
- Write and amend licences and their conditions
- Prepare written statements for use in committee and court
- Undertake inspections and carry out enforcement of licenced premises and vehicles
- Respond to complaints relating to licensed individuals and premises
- What you will need:
- Fully qualified and experienced Licensing Officer, with a minimum of two years post qualification experience.
- Ability to progress projects in a timely manner in accordance with Corporate Guidelines.
- Ability to conduct 1:1 case load management and to be able to report issues there from.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience of a variety of effective communications techniques
- Political awareness and the ability to escalate issues to Senior Managers to enable them to properly inform elected Members
- Competent user of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in order to maximise the benefits of project implementation
- Has general business awareness and ability to use this in order to support improvement in the programme
- NB - our client is ideally looking for someone to work full time but will consider Officers with limited availability.
Apply for Licensing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly