Community Protection Team Leader
Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity in North London for a Community Protection Team Leader to support the Regulatory Services Management Team in the delivery of Community Protection functions, specifically leading on one or more of the following areas; Trading Standards, licensing, anti-social behaviour, street trading and noise nuisance functions.
• Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Represent the council and promote the Regulatory Services objectives in a wide range of forums
• Line manage a team providing professional and technical Regulatory Services, undertaking regular one-to-one meetings with staff as appropriate
• Manage effectively to ensure high quality, professional resource utilisation and service delivery standards across the service area
• To be the training officer for the team.
Service Area Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Provide specialist Regulatory Services advice within the Authority as required
• Ensure a timely and efficient service within the service area allocated
• Originate reports and prepare and evaluate statistical and other information
• Undertake investigations of service requests, contraventions of legislation, appeals, licensing requirements, risk or other circumstances within the general purview of the Section. Inspect or visit vehicles, stalls, plant or equipment.
• Undertake the enforcement of legislation and exercise powers as required
• Ensure the Group Manager is kept fully informed on any aspect of work which is controversial, political, strategic, financial or otherwise of a sensitive or highly complex nature.
• Prepare and deliver publicity campaigns and educational and preventative work, as required
• Provide evidence at legal proceedings and other quasi-judicial hearings
• Participate in the emergency standby system as required (qualified Environmental Health Officers only)
• Develop changes in procedures, systems and operational strategies to maintain efficiency and effectiveness
• Deputise as required for the Group Manager
• Provide cover arrangements in the absence of other Team Leaders
• Prepare committee reports and present reports to Members at Committee when required.
• Lead and coordinate on Team input into Service area feeding into corporate reporting e.g. corporate plan updates
• Monitor and report on Team performance against internal and external performance indicators.
• Work with a degree of flexibility required to perform work not specifically referred to above although falling within scope of the post at the appropriate grade
Ideally Fully qualified, EHRB registered and eligible for Voting Membership of the CIEH
Fully qualified Trading Standards Officer with the DCATS (including the Weights and Measures module) or DTS or equivalent Licensing qualification
Minimum of three years post qualification experience.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Community Protection Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly