Our client in South Coast is recruiting for a Licensing Officer to start asap.
- To be responsible for the day to day operation of the Council’s licensing systems and processes.
- To ensure competent, timely and efficient administration and enforcement of the licensing functions prescribed in the Constitution in respect of Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing, Taxis, Gambling, Street Trading and other local licensing functions as allocated.
- To undertake all duties in respect of a range of local authority licensing provisions including the issue of licences and generally for enforcing the provisions contained therein.
- To provide necessary and appropriate specialist and detailed advice and information on licensing law and associated Council licensing policy.
In particular, with regard to licence applications:
- Where there has been no formal representation and the licence is issued under delegated powers, to assist with the issue of the licence and formulation of appropriate conditions.
- Where formal representations are received by the Licensing Manager on behalf of the Council, or where an external representation is received by the Council, to assist with making arrangements for a meeting of the relevant committee to be convened and to assist in preparing and presenting an appropriate report.
- To conduct regular inspections of premises and vehicles in relation to other licences including those relating to Hackney Carriages, Private Hire vehicles, gambling establishments.
- To routinely work outside normal working hours as deemed necessary in respect of enforcement for cases under investigation and other where other duties dictate.
- To attend court and give evidence as required. Act as a disclosure officer under the
- Criminal Procedures Investigation Act in connection with licensing enforcement.
- To use appropriate bespoke computer software to produce accurate licences and sets of licence conditions, on time and for all licensing legislation in the field of licensing responsibility
- To use appropriate software to produce letters, mail shots, reports, charts and maps.
- Creatively produce leaflets, presentations, and other documents as required.
- To manage all public registers of statutory licensing information, including making/writing regular updates to the Council’s website.
To register your interest or for further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8732 5450.