Housing Standards Officers
Housing Standards Officer – Ref: RT34418
G9 £31,914 - £36,740 per annum
37 hours per week
Walsall Council is looking for a Housing Standards Officer to join a forward thinking Money, Home, Job Service.
We are looking for an officer who is enthusiastic, innovative and will positively contribute to driving the service forward.
The team deals with all aspects of Private Sector Housing, including, minimum standards in rented accommodation, Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO), Energy Efficiency and Empty Homes, Disabled Facilities Grants as well as public health matters. However, this role will have specific emphasis on HMO.
This is a new post and you will have the opportunity to develop and shape the service relating to changes to the HMO licensing scheme. This includes responding to complaints from the public, dealing with mandatory licensing applications, inspections, preparation of schedules and enforcement of legislation.
The successful candidate must
- Have a Degree in Environmental Health / Environmental Science and be;
- EHORB registered with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and have
- Substantial post qualification experience in the private rented housing sector
We will alternatively consider applications from newly qualified officers who
- Have a Degree in Environmental Health / Environmental Science and are;
- Working towards their full registration with the EHORB. If recruited to the post registration with the EHORB must be secured within maximum of 12 months.
In addition to being a great place to work, we can offer the following benefits in return:
- 27 leave days (plus an additional 5 days after 5 years of service)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Child care voucher scheme
- Professional development opportunities and
- Flexible working arrangements
Closing date: 6 August 2018
For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Appollo Fonka on Appollonaris.email@example.com