District Environmental Health Officer
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND LICENSING BUSINESS UNIT
DISTRICT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
Salary £30,756 – £32,233 p.a. depending on experience and qualifications
We are seeking to appoint a committed individual to join the Council’s busy Environmental Health business unit. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working with people in their homes, communities and businesses. You will understand the needs of our geographically diverse, wide spread communities. and work closely with internal and external partners to deliver the best outcomes for the health and well-being of our residents.
You will be a qualified Environmental Health Officer, possess excellent organisational and communication skills and have experience of carrying out a wide range of Environmental Health Functions. Your role will include supporting technical officers and providing expert advice to the management team. You will also be given the opportunity to lead projects and represent the Council on specialist working groups. Depending on your experience and expertise your case load will include:
1. The routine investigation of housing standards including Housing Health and Safety Rating Assessments, HMO inspections and drainage and nuisance premises.
2. The investigation of a wide range of neighbour complaints and nuisances including noise, waste accumulations, pest infestations, high hedges and dangerous structure
3. Food Premises registrations and food hygiene inspections
4. Pollution control, contaminated land and air quality management
5. Health and Safety investigations and the licensing/registration of animal establishments such as pet shops, boarding establishments and riding stables.
6. Public Health Investigations
The Council operates an agile working scheme; although you will be located at Castle House, Newark, a significant amount of your time can be spent working away from the office or at home. The successful applicant will be expected to work some weekends. Regular access to a vehicle is required for travel within and outside the district.
The Council is committed to building and maintaining a flexible, resilient and responsive workforce, who can support the needs of our residents. We want to attract as wide a pool of talented candidates as possible and, where we can, will offer you flexibility in the way you work. We will consider suggestions for how the responsibilities of the role can be met through working different hours, days or in different locations.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Sheridan Stock, Assistant Business Manager Environmental Health and Licensing (01636) 655616
For further details please visit www.newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk/vacancies where you may complete an online application form of for application packs either telephone (01636) 655220 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 23 July at 12 noon
Interviews will be held during week commencing 13th August 2018