Lead Officer - Pollution
Lead Officer (Pollution)
Lead Officer job in London paying £41,847 - £44,691 + benefits including flexible working.
Your new company
Haringey lies between inner and outer London and is one of London’s 33 boroughs and located in the north of the capital. It covers more than 11 square miles and is home to a population of about 250,000. We are an exceptionally economically diverse and fast-changing borough with over 35% of people coming from ethnic minority backgrounds. This opportunity offers great career progression within a forward thinking council that is rapidly becoming one of the most exciting London boroughs to work in.
Your new role
Haringey is a place of great opportunity, with enormous potential for growth – a growing economy, more and better housing and flourishing communities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking authority and act as our Pollution Lead Officer. You will be the strategic and operational lead for ensuring the council meets its service objectives to monitor, prevent and control environmental pollution. This will include planning consultations, land contamination, air quality, environmental permitting, public health and private water supplies.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to prove that you have the abilities to take the lead combined with first-rate technical knowledge and problem-solving skills. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to drive innovation and make Haringey an even better place to live.
It is essential that you have an appropriate professional or technical qualification at degree level i.e. Environmental Health, Air Quality Management & Control or Contaminated Land.
- High level of relevant knowledge of pollution control, contaminated land and climate change issues and the ability to apply that knowledge to the provision of a high quality service,
- Highly developed team working skills and the ability to work with professional and independently minded people
- High level of literacy and numerical ability and the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in written form, with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to organise own workload; to manage work programmes and projects; to work under pressure, maintaining high quality and output; achieve set deadlines and targets, and make effective and appropriate decisions under pressure.
- A sound understanding of project management and skill in the effective management of projects to successful completion on time and within budget.
- Strong analytical skills.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to progress your career within Haringey Council, company laptop and mobile phone, generous annual leave, flexible working, flexible retirement, interest free travel loan (season ticket and bicycle loan), defined benefit pension scheme (career average), learning and development courses at work, courses and workshops to offer support and help through change, long Service Award and many more.
For more information and to apply, please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/haringey-council/index.htm