Environmental Health Officer (Enviro Crime)
Our client in Greater Manchester is actively seeking an Environmental Health Officer (Enviro Crime) to help them over the summer period with experience of Stat Nuisance investigations and other Enviro Crime related tasks on a 3 months extendable basis.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To hold an Environmental Health Practitioner caseload, to include Statutory Nuisance, Pollution Control and Enviro Crime (e.g. fly tipping) which may be complex and requires extensive cross-departmental or cross-agency working or technical expertise to teams working across the Borough.
The service integrates a diverse range of statutory duties on environmental and trading standards, licensing and consumer protection with the council’s crime and disorder management function. There is a requirement to provide technical specialist advice or support on procedural matters to case managers across the Borough.
You will have
- Experience in the use and application of legal rules and procedures on investigating and taking remedial action on one or more aspects of public protection and community safety.
- Statutory Nuisance and Enviro Crime experience is essential.
- Excellent judgement coupled with an extensive knowledge of a wide range of enforcement techniques and regulatory sanctions and their efficacy in practice.
- Experience of planning, organising and prioritising workloads to satisfy performance targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams and promote a culture of problem-solving to achieve successful regulatory outcomes.
- Able to influence, negotiate and encourage others, resolve conflict and deal effectively with challenging situations.
- Able to analyse and interpret complex information and data in order to summarise and present to others and inform decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information coherently and concisely to different audiences.
- Ability to recognise and manage customer expectation, handle complaints and to provide and receive feedback.
- Understanding and responding appropriately to the needs of a diverse range of making recommendations on referral for additional support as needed.
- Full Driving License
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com