Buckingham Futures have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Ecologist to manage / oversee minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects throughout the South West region.
Our client is seeking to hire someone who can take up and develop the important role of a regional team leader driving both team growth and development alongside maintaining the delivery of a high quality technical service.
As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing projects, you will have the opportunity to expand, diversify and grow the portfolio of ecological projects and clients within the region.
The successful candidate would be joining a highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy with an established ecological presence in the UK.
Applications are sought from ecologists with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong field skills including habitat and protected species surveys.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on schemes such as mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects throughout the South West region.
· Preparation of fee proposals, report writing and technical review work
· Supervision / mentoring of ecology staff and team development
· Liaising with technical staff in other UK office.
· Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand ecology and other services and capabilities in the region.
· Demonstrable Ecological Consultancy experience inc surveying/working with protected species and all associated report preparation
· Proven capabilities in project winning, delivery and management – and of team management, supervision and growth
· Experience within a range of sectors including residential/mixed use, infrastructure, minerals and waste, and energy.
· Relevant degree level qualification plus appropriate level of membership of CIEEM or equivalent
· Full driving license
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Principal Ecologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly