Group Food Safety Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
We are Merlin Entertainments… The name behind world famous attractions including LEGOLAND, SEA LIFE, Alton Towers Resort and Thorpe Park.
Be a part of the Merlin magic by joining the Merlin Corporate team. We hire and empower smart people who love what they do. Now’s your chance to join us!
We require a Group Food Safety Manager to join the Health & Safety team based at our office in Thorpe Park, Surrey.
Health, Safety and Security is our number one priority and of course Food Safety is part of this. It's reflected in our corporate values and culture, together with the training our people receive and our day-to-day food safe working practices. We have a dedicated programme to sustain awareness, drive workforce engagement and uphold a positive and proactive safety culture. It's called 'Protecting the Magic' and it helps our management teams and employees to manage risks, prevent accidents and deliver truly memorable guest experiences. It means that everybody at Merlin plays a crucial role in safeguarding guests, colleagues and the animals within our care.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and thrilling environment. The Group Food Safety Manager is responsible for…
- Implementing, evaluating and continuously improving Merlin’s Food Safety policies, procedures and standard.
- Overseeing and ensuring compliance with national / local food safety legislation at our global sites.
- Ensuring food safety practices across our attractions are in line with guest and accreditation standards.
- Acting as a centre of excellence on food safety standards for our local attraction teams to learn from and facilitate the sharing of best practice and on-going learnings.
- Supporting, advising and coaching our local Food & Beverage teams to achieve full and continuous compliance with Merlin requirements and external obligations
- Proactively leading initiatives to improve and align HACCP standards, allergen management, supply chain integrity and food safety behaviours throughout our operations, in conjunction with relevant local and Group teams
- Facilitating and supporting the attainment of all required safety and hygiene competency and skills levels for food handlers, chefs and associated management teams across our sites
- Providing regular performance information to the business so that high levels of transparency and programme suitability are achieved
We are looking for the following skills and experience...
- You must be qualified to degree standard or hold a similar level qualification in food safety / food hygiene.
- An excellent understanding of HACCP (Level 4 is required), ISO 22000 and supporting food safety / hygiene standards and techniques ideally experienced within an international business which has geographically diverse operating locations.
- The ability to quickly understand food safety management systems and it’s standards, and ensure that these are implemented and improved at attraction / site level.
- A clear understanding of exemplary food preparation, handling and service in a consumer facing business.
- A consistent, systematic approach to conducting audits. Can demonstrate experience of managing audit visits and corrective actions with a site.
- Capability to carry out full investigations, identifying correct root causes and preventative and corrective actions.
- Can apply successfully strong influential and problem solving skills.Able to use IT systems within relevant software (inc. MS Office).
- A broad working knowledge of HR policies, standards and the law in relation to the employment of people (eg. recruitment, induction, probation, training and development, appraisal, absence, discipline, grievance, etc.)
Alongside a fun and friendly environment and a competitive annual salary, you can enjoy a great benefits package which includes Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days’ holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on Lego. Perhaps the biggest benefits of joining us, however, are the outstanding opportunities for career development across the expanding group.