Pest Control Officer
Our client in West London is recruiting for a Pest Control Officer to start asap initially for 3 months but likely to be extended thereafter.
What you will do:
- To undertake practical inspections and assessments relating to pests, carry out treatments and baiting/monitoring programs, provide advice to customers including identification of pests, and all other activities associated with the work of the service which includes rodent and insect control in council, residential and commercial premises including food businesses.
- To complete prompt treatment and visit records on the relevant database and produce customer treatment/contract reports as necessary.
- Liaise where necessary with Regulatory Services colleagues and other agencies and to provide expert advice and guidance to management relating to pest control
- To be responsible for housekeeping and appropriate, safe use of equipment, stock and poisonous materials allocated to the pest control service, also safe use of corporate vehicles allocated to the pest control service including driving and refuelling them and being familiar with their servicing and maintenance requirements and history.
- To familiarise with current best practice, developments and legislation in relation to pest control and to ensure that this knowledge is kept up to date.
Your experience will include:
- Ability to work without direct supervision whilst on the job and to work under seasonal pressure.
- Willing to work in conditions which some may find unpleasant (e.g. confined or dirty environments, at heights, dead rodents, animals)
- Basic knowledge of rodents, insects and their control.
- Practical understanding of health and safety duty compliance
- Current clean full driving licence.
- Able to lift equipment and materials.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and process payments.
- Ability to write standard reports.
- Good verbal communication skills.
You will hold a minimum of a Royal Society for the Promotion of Health Certificate in Pest Control, a BPCA Diploma in Pest Control part 1 or Level 2 RSPH/BPCA or equivalent qualification.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.