Our client in Essex has a requirement for a Nuisance Officer to offer a comprehensive and co-ordinated response to prevent and reduce anti-social behaviour.
You will be responsible for dealing with initial complaints of anti-social behaviour, nuisance and harassment. Investigating such complaints within agreed procedures, working with other agencies where appropriate and taking action against the perpetrators.
1. To receive casework referrals from designated referral agencies, including the Police and Housing Management, regarding anti-social behaviour, nuisance and harassment.
2. To interview victims, perpetrators and potential witnesses of Anti-social Behaviour and to ensure that the appropriate monitoring takes place.
3. To investigate initial complaints of anti-social behaviour ensuring that actions taken are in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
4. To prepare Notices’ of Seeking Possession or Notices’ to Quit as required.
5. To witness incidents (where possible), of Anti-social Behaviour, nuisance, harassment and other breaches of Anti-social Behaviour.
6. To liaise with other agencies, i.e. Police, Social Services, Victim Support and to attend meetings as required.
7. To reply to correspondence and prepare reports as necessary.
8. To maintain an up to date knowledge of housing, civil and criminal law and offer advice and assistance when required.
Previous experience of dealing with Anti-social Behaviour within a local authority or similar environment.
Experience of dealing with members of the public or tenants in a sensitive situation.
Experience of managing conflict and dealing with disputes.
Experience of Joint Agency working.
Experience of working within a team environment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within this field then please get in touch as we are recruiting for similar positions throughout the UK.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Nuisance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly