Private Sector Housing Officer
Buckingham Futures have an exciting opportunity in Lincolnshire for a Private Sector Housing Officer to start asap for a 2 year fixed term contract.
- Private Sector Housing Complaints and HMO’s.
- To investigate complaints of poor private sector housing conditions and provide technical & directed advice to resolve matters. Where possible and appropriate, to work cooperatively with landlords to ensure required standards are met and housing conditions improved where required.
- To investigate reports of poor housing conditions in HMOs and monitor compliance with the council’s adopted housing standards & against national legislation (HHSRS & Housing Management Regulations) and take enforcement action as required.
- To carry out property surveys and inspections, make assessments under the Housing Health & Safety Rating System and prepare schedules of work where necessary.
- To implement the requirements of the Housing Act 2004 in respect of the Mandatory Licensing Scheme within the Borough. To maintain the Register of Licensed HMOs available for public access & to maintain records of all licenced HMOs and appropriate casework within our clients IT system.
- To take informal & formal enforcement action as required to remedy instances of disrepair and non compliance with required standards. Such action may include the service of Notices, preparation of statements, case files and court appearances, all in compliance with Councils Enforcement Policy and in consultation with the Council’s Legal Services Division.
- To signpost landlords & tenants to relevant internal and external services over matters arising from investigations into private sector housing matters.
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
- Requirements of the 2004 Housing Act & how they affect Houses of Multiple Occupation.
- Good knowledge of building construction and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of landlord/tenant issues and general housing legislation.
- Relevant Degree, Member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, RICS or CIOH.
- Experience of inspection of residential properties, including multi-occupied for disrepair and fire precaution issues.
- Assessments of housing conditions using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System & associated guidance including LACORS.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org