Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer
Our client in the Midlands is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer to start in March 2018 either on a permanent basis.
Assist in implementation of Housing Renewal Policy and related policies/strategies, advice to private sector tenants, landlords, & owner-occupiers about housing disrepair & energy issues. Receive & process applications for housing grants and loans from private tenants, landlords & owners-occupiers. Monitoring of private sector housing conditions, including assisting with enforcement action. Registration & monitoring of Houses in Multiple Occupation in accordance with legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspections of private sector properties, responding to tenant complaints, drawing up schedules of condition& disrepair.
- Assessing properties in accordance with Housing Health and Safety Rating System/Decent Homes Standard.
- Preparation of enforcement notices.
- Identifying empty properties and working with team to bring these back into use.
- Develop processes/procedures, including flow charts, for how to deal with empty properties.
- Act as technical lead for contractors carrying out housing repair functions, including pricing schedules of work & checking others’ pricing.
- Assist with monitoring and delivery of such contracts.
- Identify HMOs, register HMOs and prepare licences where required, inspecting and advising tenants, landlords and others.
- Advise customers on private sector renewal issues, including home energy efficiency and liaise with colleagues and outside agencies to ensure the customer receives a full range of advice on services available.
- Process grants and loans in a timely fashion & in accordance with financial regulations.
- Production of information to managers to support and inform production and implementation of Empty Homes, Home Energy Conservation and other Housing Renewal Strategies.
Education and Experience
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or equivalent including Maths & English.
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS).
- Experience in Housing with either a Local Authority or RSL or relevant voluntary or private sectorhousing organisation.
- Private Sector Decent Homes Standard.
- Housing Renewal and practical enforcement knowledge.
- Grant and loan schemes relating to Disabled Facilities, Home Repair, Empty Homes and Home Energy conservation.
- Working knowledge of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8732 5450.