Environmental Health Enforcement Officer (Programmed Noise)
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
SELECTIVE LICENSING & REGULATION
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH ENFORCEMENT OFFICER [PROGRAMMED NOISE]
£33,170 - £40,229* [*includes £2000 market supplement]
Full Time, Permanent
36 hours per week
Location: The Magistrates Building, 1 Farnan Avenue, Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex, Forest Road, Walthamstow E17 4NX
We’re looking to recruit a permanent Environmental Health Enforcement Officer to join the Council’s Air Quality and Environmental Protection team.
The appointed officer will lead on all aspects of programmed noise work, including:
- Providing advice to Planning Development Control in respect of planning applications
- Managing complex nuisance cases within the Environmental Protection Act 1990 relating to commercial premises
- Section 61 Application Consents under the Control of Pollution Act 1974
- Leading on Acoustics and Noise Control Engineering cases requiring in-depth/expert knowledge
- Preparing formal notices under the EPA 1990
- Acting as the Council’s Environmental Protection representative at liaison / forum meetings
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated officer with a demonstrable commitment to top quality regulatory services, with relevant qualifications and/or experience. The appointed officer will be an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a pragmatic and flexible approach to all aspects of their work
About Waltham Forest
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is fiercely ambitious. We want to make sure each and every one of our residents enjoys a quality life in London.
Join our plans for growth
We have a hugely ambitious growth agenda and pride ourselves on being forward thinking and an organisation that sets high expectations. We are working with partners to secure investment in making our borough a better place, are progressing with plans to build 12,000 new homes by 2020, and have an ambitious £5million digital programme, with more investment to come.
Be part of the vision
Our aim is that every single Waltham Forest resident enjoys a good quality life. We have a no-nonsense approach to getting things done and are embarking on a new phase in our transformation where three key priorities will underpin our ‘Creating Futures’ strategy:
- Keep Waltham Forest clean and safe
- Ensure a decent roof over residents’ heads
- Improve residents’ life chances.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
Closing date: 24 April 2018