Anti Social Behaviour Caseworker
Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity in East London for an Anti Social Behaviour Caseworker to start asap initially till July 2018.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Supporting witness and victims of crime and anti-social behaviour from the reporting of incidents through to the closure of the case
• Provide impartial advice to enable victims of ASB to make choices regarding any involvement they may have with the perpetrators of ASB
• Provide information and advice to managers on early interventions regarding specific cases of ASB
• Provide assessments on the needs of victims, tacking into consideration the issue of repeat victimisation and previous satisfaction with services and information provided
• Support the delivery and appropriate use of group dispersal zones and crack house closures across the Council
• Update of Council enforcement databases and to interrogate these for analysis purposes as necessary producing regular and ad hoc reports, statistical data and other information as and when required
• Maintain an up-to-date awareness of how wider changes, legislation and government decisions could impact own role and profession
• Ensure that problematic individuals and premises are referred to the relevant process, evidence is collated for the Anti-Social Behaviour Action Group (ASBAG) and evidence the outcome within each problem solving project plan.
Experience and skills required
•Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications/experience
• Experience of working with witnesses and victims of crime and anti-social behaviour
• Experience of crime prevention work or work within the criminal justice system
• Experience of taking witness and victim statements in accordance with the most relevant and up to date legislation and guidance
• Experience of working with sensitive, high profile data
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both orally and in writing.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within this field then please get in touch as we are recruiting for similar positions throughout the UK.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com