Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer
Our client in the North East of England is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer on a 3 month expendable basis.
- Carry out the duties of the Council in relation to food control, health and safety, infection control and port health.
- To plan and participate in the programme of inspections and visits to ensure the authority meets its statutory obligations for food safety and health and safety.
- To provide Environmental Health advice and guidance to customers by telephone, letter and face to face.
- To investigate complaints and workplace accidents.
- To provide guidance and technical support to Environmental Health Officers.
- To take a lead role with the Border Inspection Post and imported food control.
Qualifications and Professional or Vocational Training
- Qualifications in English, Maths to at least GSCE grade C or equivalent.
- Bsc in Environmental Health (or equivalent).
- Certificate of Registration as Environmental Health Practitioner (EHRB).
- Full valid driving licence and access to a car.
Relevant Experience and Knowledge
- At least 2 years experience of managing dealing with front line services in Environmental Health.
- Robust knowledge of relevant legislation relating to Environmental Health matters and experience of implementing legislative changes.
- Experience relevant to satisfy criteria of food low code of practice (England) to inspect complex processes of approved premises and issue hygiene emergency prohibition notice.
- Knowledge of domestic services within Environmental Health including but not exclusive to: Food Safety.
- Knowledge of commercial services within Environmental Health including but not exclusive to: food safety, health and safety at work and public health matters.
- Experience of dealing with enforcement proceedings and other legal Environmental Health matters through the courts, and attending court to represent the council during proceedings.
- Experience of preparing reports and attending meetings.
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.