Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer
Buckingham Futures have an exciting opportunity in Cumbria for an Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer to be part of a team concerned with enforcing Food, Health and Safety and Health Protection legislation by means of enforcement, advice, and education and to actively enforce and investigate all areas of Food Health and Safety and Health Protection, by undertaking investigations, inspections and sampling to start in April, initially till July 2018.
To carry out in a professional manner the duties of an Environmental Health Officer and to assist the Team Manager in the implementation of all related policies and procedures.
• To maintain a high degree of knowledge of Environmental Health Law in particular as it relates to Health and Safety, Food Control, Health Protection and Infectious Disease. Keep fully conversant with all legislative and technical developments in relation to the function of the team.
• To prepare, as necessary, reports and statements of evidence for legal proceedings resulting from the contravention of Environmental Health Legislation and to attend court, to give evidence on behalf of the Council.
• To prepare as necessary proofs of evidence, rebuttal evidence, notes for cross-examination for Planning Inquiries and to give evidence relating to environmental issues on behalf of the Council.
• To exercise professional judgement over the range of assigned duties and determine and implement appropriate courses of action, working on one’s own initiative and within the policies laid down
• To assist CCDC and Public Health England with the function of preventing spread of infectious diseases.
• To carry out duties outside normal working hours as may be necessary subject to mutually agreed arrangements.
• To provide professional advice on a wide range of Environmental Health issues to members of the public, and other organisations, officers from other departments of the Council.
• Participate in mechanisms to ensure effective consultation and communication with service users and service providers on policy and procedural changes.
• Participate in the development and implementation of information technology solutions.
• Maintain an awareness of the legislation and regulations in respect of Health and Safety at Work, foster safe working practices.
• Maintain an awareness of Council’s legal duties and policy objectives in respect of equal opportunities and customer care and ensure that they are implemented in practice.
• To assist EHOs and Technical Officers in carrying out follow up enforcement visits.
• To assist with the training of student Environmental Health Officers and other staff as required.
• Undertaking inspections to enforce Food Safety and Health and Safety legislation as may be required in accordance with current procedures to ensure the Council complies with its responsibilities under the relevant legislation, identifying required remedial action.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Two years post qualification experience in the field of food safety including food safety inspections.
Recent experience of carrying out high risk food safety inspections, food standards inspections and relevant enforcement.
Two years post qualification experience in the field of health and safety and/ or other enviornmental health investigations and enforcement.
Working in a large organisation and dealing with competing priorities.
Writing detailed reports
Service of Statutory Notices
Experience with common software such as Word, Excel etc
Experience of acting on own initiative
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
· Diploma/Degree/MSc in Environmental Health
· EHORB Registration
· Certificate of professional competence
· Two years post qualification experience in the field of food safety including food safety inspections.
· Recent experience of carrying out food safety inspections, food standards inspections and relevant enforcement.
· Two years post qualification experience in the field of health and safety including investigations and enforcement.
· Working in a large organisation and dealing with competing priorities.
· Writing detailed reports
· Service of Statutory Notices
· The Inspecting Officer must be able to demonstrate how they are capable of meeting the competencies relating to Inspection of Food Establishments (Cluster 4.) and have at least 10 hours of Food Core CPD as specified in the current version of the Food Law Code of Practice and Practice Guidance.
A copy of relevant qualifications, CPD certificates and certificates of registration with EHORB/EHRB (or equivalent) must be held on file by Buckingham Futures before the contract commences.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly