Health Protection Officer (Contingency and Disaster Management)
Our client in the Midlands is recruiting for a Health Protection Officer (Contingency and Disaster Management) to support the Head of Health Protection in the development, maintenance, testing and review of the Council’s major emergency plan and related guidance, ensuring the Council meets its statutory requirements as a category one responder under the Civil Contingencies Act.
- To support the Health Protection Manager in maintaining, reviewing, developing and testing emergency plans for the Council in order to ensure that the authority has effective plans in place to respond appropriately to major and minor emergencies while maintaining essential services and protecting the public.
- To support the Head of Health Protection in ensuring that the Council complies with legislation, regulations, and guidance, particularly in relation to emergency planning, resilience, response and recovery from major incidents.
- To support the effective co-ordination of relevant major incident and emergency plans.
- As directed, to lead on elements of the implementation of the Council’s emergency plans and business continuity arrangements.
- To be a point of contact via the pager system and support the Council’s response to any major or minor emergency as appropriate.
- To solve emergency planning problems which could have an impact on community wellbeing and the delivery of council services, meet targets in the business plan and effectively manage several projects and tasks paying particular attention to detail to ensure plans, procedures, and reports are coherent, accurate, appropriately formatted, and presented in a professional style.
- To prepare and present training packages for key members of staff who are likely to be involved in the response to an incident or emergency. Provide assistance with the organisation of seminars, campaigns and exhibitions in relation to resilience.
- To build skills and capacity for those involved in the response and recovery phases of major incidents, including co-ordinating and training staff and volunteers on their roles within the delivery of emergency plans, e.g. crisis support, rest centres.
- To support the Health Protection Manager in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships with regard to emergency planning and response.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org