Air Quality Officer
Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity in North West London for an Air Quality Officer to start asap.
Main duties and responsibilities
Implementation of the Local Air Quality Management regime which includes:
- Submission of updating and screening assessments, detailed assessments, progress reports and air quality action plans according to DEFRA guidance and deadlines.
- Co-ordinate steering groups and workshops for air quality action plans and carrying out public consultations.
- Implement and co-ordinate air quality monitoring including the replacement of diffusion tubes on a monthly basis and the calibration of the continuous analysers.
- Prepare and submit bids for Defra air quality grant funding (when applicable).
- Procure the services of air quality consultants as and when required.
- Manage and lead on the implementation and delivery of actions detailed within current and/or future air quality action plans.
- Prepare an air quality report every October for the draft service plan/budgetary requirements.
- Manage and review the service contracts for the air quality equipment and data management.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure that the air quality equipment is maintained and operating correctly.
- Ensure that the data management contractors are providing a good service.
- Prepare an annual review of maintenance contracts.
- Maintain any ancillary spares for air quality equipment, e.g. filter paper, diffusion tube holders.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the equipment and provide training for other officers as and when required.
- Carry out public promotion and education campaigns on air quality issues. Actively look for opportunities to promote air quality within the council and other external organisations.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com