Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer
Our client in the East Anglia is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer to undertake c300 Food Premises inspections in premises rated as risk category C - E under the FSA Food Law Code of Practice to start in April 2018 and to be completed by end of March 2019.
Data input will be completed by the Council and roughly 75 inspections will need to be completed each quarter.
Officers will be expected to deliver the following:
- Carry out food hygiene inspections of businesses risk rated category C & D in accordance with the Food Law Code of Practice.
- Undertake partial inspections of category E businesses.
- Complete relevant inspection proformas for businesses rated category C & D.
- Complete relevant inspection proformas for businesses rated category E.
- Risk rate the food businesses following inspection.
- Determine a Food Hygiene Rating score for those businesses included within the scheme criteria.
- Ensuring food businesses registrations are up to date. If not, completion of registration form during inspection or, if impractical, registration form left for completion and return.
- Health and Safety – to report matters of evident concern to the Council or HSE as appropriate.
- Licensing compliance - to report matters of evident concern or queries to the Council. These will be basic checks as to whether alcohol is on sale.
To be considered you must hold one of the baseline qualifications, and have associated registration. The base line qualifications are Higher Certificate in Food Control or certificate of registration or Diploma issued by Environmental Health Registration Board.
The Inspecting Officer must be able to demonstrate how they are capable of meeting the competencies relating to Inspection of Food Establishments (Cluster 4.) and have at least 10 hours of Food Core CPD as specified in the current version of the Food Law Code of Practice and Practice Guidance.
A copy of relevant qualifications, CPD certificates and certificates of registration with EHORB/EHRB (or equivalent) must be held on file by Buckingham Futures before the contract commences.
Successful officers will need to confirm IR35 compliance, public liability insurance and details of associated risk assessments.
NB - Because the work programme is flexible we are happy to split the workload between multiple Officers and happy to also allocate smaller batches to those with limited availability.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly