Senior / Environmental Health Officer (two posts)
4 days left
- Full Time
Environmental Health Section
SENIOR / ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER (two posts)
SO2/MG1 (£28,485 - £33,437 per annum)
(Salary, grade and senior status dependent on qualification, experience & responsibilities)
37 Hours per week
We are looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Environmental Health Officer to join our multi-disciplinary Environmental Health Team. You will be part of a team that covers a range of environmental health functions including environmental protection, food safety and health & safety. The work is varied and interesting and whilst officers are expected to work across the range of functions they will also be encouraged to develop a specialist area of knowledge and skill. Applications from those with environmental protection experience are particularly welcomed.
You will be an excellent communicator and capable of using your own initiative and working with minimum supervision. The post is based at Arun Civic Centre in Littlehampton. Applications from newly qualified officers will be considered. In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity for mobile and home working
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave plus paid Bank Holidays (subject to continuous service)
- Flexi-Time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free memberships at local leisure centres, providing free access to the fitness suites, swimming pools and a range of exercise classes as well as discounted family membership
- Work mileage and free parking
- Cycle to Work discount scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes and free health checks
- Training and Development Opportunities
For an informal chat about this post please contact Anna Appleton, Environmental Health Team Leader, on 01903 737676.
Further information and an application form can be downloaded from our website at www.arun.gov.uk.
Closing date: 23 March 2018
Interviews: 16 April 2018
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department,
who will assist you with your application.