2 days left
- Full Time
Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity in South London for a Licensing Officer to play a key role in the design and operational delivery of a wide range of Licensing focused initiatives; which deliver positive community safety outcomes on behalf of citizens, stakeholders and partner organisations and implement and enforce appropriate legislation in order to establish and maintain a fair and safe trading environment.
Key Unit Accountabilities
- To carry out a broad range of duties in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 and associated legislation/statutory guidance, delivering a best practice based approach which contributes towards the relevant service targets and policy aspirations.
- To act as an authorised officer for specified legislation and undertake inspections, visits and regulatory activity to ensure compliance with all relevant Licensing, gambling and consumer protection related legislation.
- To investigate licensing and gambling related complaints and deliver proactive and preventative activity designed to improve levels of statutory compliance within the borough.
- To manage a caseload of licensing compliance related matters and liaise extensively with the relevant Responsible Authorities, Licensees, Legal Professionals and other Community Safety colleagues to deliver effective outcomes which align with the relevant policies, procedures and Community Safety service plans.
- To produce licence review documents/representations, give evidence to the Licensing Sub Committee and local Magistrates courts and promote the licensing objectives in line with the licensing policy.
- To provide advice and information to the public, local businesses, Members, other Council Officers, and external public bodies or officials with regard to all activities carried out by the Licensing Service.
- To be responsible for the assessment of the technical suitability of premises where appropriate in respect of a range of activities to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, rules of management, codes of practice and guidance.
- To assess representations received under the Licensing Act 2003, gambling Act 2005, London Local Authorities Act 1990 and the Highways Act 1980 to ensure they are relevant.
- To assist with mediation is suitable cases. This will be a large part of the daily workload and includes office meetings, examination and evaluation of plans, preparation and authorisation of letters, licences and Committee reports, identification of contraventions, enforcement reports, statements and the maintenance of records.
- To respond to enquiries and provide advice on licensing matters to the public, Councillors, Members of Parliament and others. Attend and provide advice to Committee meetings.
- Experience of working as a Licensing Officer within a local authority or the Police in the field of alcohol licensing.
- Candidates are required to have experience and knowledge of licensing legislation and processes in the field of alcohol licensing and will not be shortlisted unless this is evidenced in applications.
- This contract is initially being offered for 5 months, with a likelihood of an extension thereafter.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Licensing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly