Environmental Protection Officer
Our client in the South Coast is recruiting for x2 Environmental Protection Officer to start in April on an initial 4-6 months contract.
Main Purpose of the Job/Key Objectives:
- Enforce a range of environmental health legislation including contaminated land, industrial/commercial emissions, air quality, noise, construction impacts and nuisance law.
- Provide professional advice in accordance with the Council’s corporate objectives, statutory responsibilities and environmental policies.
- To be a Technical specialist on contaminated land and air quality within the Borough.
- Manage projects relating to contaminated land and air quality.
- The postholder reports to: Environmental Protection & Housing Divisional Manager.
- The postholder does not have any line management responsibility.
- The postholder will be required to take part in ‘out of hours’ activities as required, for which an extra payment will be made.
- The postholder is responsible for equipment and protective clothing available to assist in the duties of the post.
- Use of varied ICT tools such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and GIS.
- Producing written documents to a high professional standard.
- Use of effective communication skills when dealing with varied parties such as colleagues, clients and business.
- Writing and interpreting reports, statistics, technical information and guidance to improve personal knowledge and the service delivery of the Council.
- Effectively managing both a proactive and reactive case load.
- Enforcing and promoting compliance with environmental health, environmental protection and nuisance legislation and good practice.
- Dealing with politically sensitive and contentious matters.
- Prosecuting breaches of environmental health, environmental protection and nuisance legislation including investigation, collecting evidence, case preparation and giving evidence in court.
- A degree or diploma (or equivalent) in environmental health or environmental protection.
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org