Air Quality Officer
Working on behalf of a Local Authority in West London, Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity for an Air Quality Officer to start asap.
Main duties and responsibilities
Implementation of the Local Air Quality Management regime which includes:
- Submission of updating and screening assessments, detailed assessments, progress reports and air quality action plans according to Defra guidance and deadlines.
- Co-ordinate steering groups and workshops for air quality action plans and carrying out public consultations.
- Implement and co-ordinate air quality monitoring including the replacement of diffusion tubes on a monthly basis and the calibration of the continuous analysers.
- Prepare and submit bids for Defra air quality grant funding (when applicable).
- Procure the services of air quality consultants as and when required.
- Manage and lead on the implementation and delivery of actions detailed within current and/or future air quality action plans.
- Manage and review the service contracts for the air quality equipment and data management.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure that the air quality equipment is maintained and operating correctly. Ensure that the data management contractors are providing a good service.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the equipment and provide training for other officers as and when required.
- Carry out public promotion and education campaigns on air quality issues. Actively look for opportunities to promote air quality within the council and other external organisations.
- Keep up to date with current legislation, regulations, guidance, technical and scientific developments. Promote good working relationships with partners such as Defra, Environment Agency and other local authorities and internal departments.
- Represent the council at meetings and forums. Prepare reports for management, committees and give presentations.
- Maintain, update and where possible improve web pages relating to air quality.
- Investigate air quality complaints, enquiries and requests for information in accordance with service targets.
- Monitor planning applications and provide comments to planners including advice and guidance if developments may have an impact on air quality, in accordance with service targets.
- Minimal educational requirements Degree in Environmental Sciences.
- Relevant experience - able to demonstrate a wide and extensive knowledge in air quality work.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com