Lead Private Sector Housing Project Officer
Our client in the Midlands is recruiting for a Lead Private Sector Housing Project Officer to start asap till March 2019.
The aim of the project is to identify and bring about improvements in living conditions in privately rented properties across the borough.
The specific housing project is to identify and bring about improvements in living conditions in privately rented properties by tackling absent or ‘rogue landlords’ and letting agents responsible for poorly managed properties.
Since 2014, due to an increase of migrant workers, the demand for affordable privately rented properties in the area has rapidly increased. Consequently, the number of Houses in Multiple Occupation and shared properties has increased.
This additional temporary resource is required to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to seek out and remedy unsafe housing conditions and practices and deal with the displacement of individuals and families when properties are not fit for purpose and may be prohibited from use.
The following requirements are required for the post:
- Current up-to-date knowledge of private sector housing legislation;
- Experience in line management;
- A management qualification would be desirable.
- Experience of dealing with private sector housing standards, HMO licensing, HHSRS; assessment inspections in both multi-occupied and single dwellings;
- Experience of dealing with empty properties;
- Experience of dealing with problematic landlords and letting agents;
- Case management, enforcement and negotiation skills;
- Experience of dealing with a mixed audience of residents and stakeholders;
- Show good levels of skill and experience in working with partner agencies;
- Will have to attend court and property tribunals when necessary;
- May be required to work outside normal office hours;
- Experience in the use of UNIFORM/IDOX IT system would be desirable.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org