Environmental Health / Community Liaison Practitioner
Our client in South London is recruiting for an Environmental Health / Community Liaison Practitioner on a temp to perm basis.
Main purpose of post
To engage with and support communities in the area to influence local businesses and enterprises promoting healthier eating and nutritional food to improve accessibility and affordability to healthier and sustainable food options.
Working with colleagues in the business, statutory and community sectors to ensure strong partnership and connections to enable related nutrition interventions are delivered in the area.
- In partnership with key community stakeholders, understand the local ‘out of home’ food environment in the area.
- To work with local food businesses, child-minders, schools, community groups, walk in centres, children’s centres, nurseries and key local organisations that offer food to children and families and the wider community to address the food environment and promote sustainable healthy eating and nutrition.
- Develop initiatives that will support the availability, accessibility and affordability of healthier and sustainable food options in the wards.
- Ensure that documentation, budget monitoring and project planning information and evaluation reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner, and to the projects remit and on budget.
- Work with local food businesses, other organisations which are accessed by families and the wider community to promote breastfeeding friendly environments in the area.
- Support the uptake and implementation of the Healthier Catering Commitment across food businesses, in the area. The post holder will provide initial training and follow up support visits to ensure compliance with Healthier Catering Commitment. Successes will be publicised and used to encourage take up by other fast food outlets.
- To work in partnership with local community members/organisations to advise on best practice policy and processes in delivering hygiene compliant healthy cooking and eating sessions in the community.
- Working in partnership with organisations delivering ’s diet and nutrition interventions, and as part of ’s service design process, implement best practice interventions in line with national and local evidence as part of our clients Healthy Weight strategy.
- Support food businesses and enterprise in the areas to promote health and well being by facilitating links with relevant statutory and non-statutory services, initiatives and bodies.
- To work with communities in the wards to improve access, availability, skills and knowledge of healthy and sustainable food through other food related initiatives in the area. e.g. access to cooking skills, nutrition training, food growing etc
- To keep up to date with best practice, new initiatives and policy development in relation to food in conjunction with other relevant colleagues.
- To carry out inspection duties under the full range of legislation enforced by the Food Health Safety Team, deal with any follow up work and represent the Authority at Court as required.
- Experience in using a wide range of IT packages/programmes preparing promotion and publicity materials.
- This post is subjected to enhance DBS checks as post will be working with children.
- Work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of the post as directed by the Food Health and Safety Manager, the post holder should also be prepared to work outside of normal office hours, including attending evening meetings and occasional weekend working.
- Take responsibility, relevant to the post for ensuring that Council statutes and the government legislation are upheld. This includes amongst others: Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health and Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
- Carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the Computer Misuse Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act and other relevant legislation, as well as Council policies procedure standing orders and other financial regulations.
- Take responsibility, appropriate to post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
The Higher Certificate in Food Control awarded by either Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB)
The Scottish Food Safety Officer Registration Board (SFSORB)
Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection with Food Standards endorsement may be considered.
Environmental Health Officer with Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) with current experienced in food safety, food standards and health & safety work.
Understanding of how to assess compliance with the requirements of EC and National food hygiene and standards legislation with further reference to the Food Law Code of Practice and Practice Guidance.
Understanding and knowledge of a wide range of food types and understanding of hazards associated with their use.
Understanding of the legal framework with regard to the use of enforcement powers and appropriate course of action with the range of enforcement sanctions available.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Environmental Health / Community Liaison Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly