Assistant Head of Compliance and Catering
POST: Assistant Head of Compliance and Catering
LOCATION: Shenstone, Staffordshire, WS14 0SB
CONTRACT: Full Time, Permanent Contract
SALARY: £32,000 - £42,000 per annum (dependent on skills & experience)
Due to continual business growth, we are looking for a passionate and motivated Environmental Health professional to join the UK’s market leader in childcare. As the Assistant Head of Compliance, you will support in managing a team of UK regional advisors so you must be confident, assured and knowledgeable in food, health and safety and environmental management.
With safety being integral to our business, being part of our team means you will have a real impact in helping to reduce injuries, ill health and ensuring the children in our care are safe and looked after, as well as ensuring our food safety management systems are robust and being actively followed.
Although experience is obviously desirable, above all we are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual who has an excellent understanding of the commercial environment. This vacancy is a perfect opportunity for an environmental health professional to start or progress their career into management.
- Being one of the company’s ‘competent’ people under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and providing relevant and suitable advice and guidance
- Identifying and managing occupational health and safety risks within the business
- Managing, advising and supporting Regional Compliance Advisors in their role
- Deputising for the Head of Compliance in their absence
- Working with the Head of Compliance to develop and implement improvements in the business in relation to fire, food, environmental and health and safety management
- Working closely with the Senior Management team to drive the business forward and effectively manage risk
Busy Bees is the UK’s leading provider of childcare and is totally committed to providing exceptional care that supports children’s development and give parents peace of mind. We recognise that our staff are our most valuable asset and that the Compliance and Catering department forms an essential part of ensuring the safety of all within the Company and those that visit our premises.
With over 340 nurseries around the UK and with plans to continue to grow, the Compliance and Catering team has a busy program of audits, training and support visits to assist nursery managers in meeting our legal and policy requirements. This role is key to enabling them to undertake their role in consistent and efficient way.
Skills set & experience
The ideal candidate will have worked both in enforcement and within a commercial business and possess a degree in Environmental Health, diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or a similarly recognised qualification.
Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to affect change and instill confidence at all levels in the organisation is a must. Excellent time management, communication skills and IT literacy are essential and an understanding of the childcare or education sector would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will ideally be based from our office in Shenstone, near Lichfield but we will consider outstanding candidates who may wish to be based from home. Regular visits to the office and locations around the UK will be necessary with occasional overnight stays so a driving license is essential.
What we offer:
- Childcare provision with substantial discounts
- An Investor in People Silver organisation, committed to your career development
- Excellent in-house training and career progression opportunities
- Retail Discounts Scheme e.g. Sainsbury’s, Mark & Spencer, Odeon, Gym membership and many more including cash back facilities
- A confidential employee assistance programme to assist all staff where they may benefit from having access to a sensitive ear
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Emily Brimson on 07989 654635 to discuss the role further.
Should this post be of interest to you, please contact us straight away; we look forward to hearing from you!