Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Private Sector Housing)
Our client based on the Southeast Coast of England is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Private Sector Housing) to start asap on a 3 month extendable contract.
You will be required to investigate complaints and undertake the inspection of private sector dwellings and take action to ensure the health and safety of the occupants and that their homes are well managed.
Professional & Technical Accountabilities:
- Investigate complaints of poor housing condition sand undertake inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the Housing, Health and Safety Rating System.
- To undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensingfunction, management regulations andto assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
- Prepare letters, notices and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcement action to secure necessary improvements.
- Carry out the inspection of mobile home parks andother caravan sites to ensure compliance with appropriate site licence conditionsand associated legislation.
- To provide property owners, members of the public andbusinesses with general advice about the statutory requirements andguidance with regard to housing standards and management
Degree in Environmental Health, Housing or a Building related subject.
Qualified HHSRS practitioner
At least 2 years post qualification experience of working within a local government Environmental Health Team or similar.
Experience of undertaking property inspections and investigation of complaints of housing conditions and taking subsequent enforcement action.
Sound knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework, guidance and good practice in relation to the Housing Acts, Housing, Health and Safety Rating System, HMO legislation and associated enforcement legislation
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.