Environmental Health Officer (Environmental Protection)
3 days left
- Full Time
Our client in East Anglia is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer (Environmental Protection) to start in January 2018 for an 18 month period for 3-5 days per week.
If you enjoy a challenge and the reward of success, you could be who our client is looking for.
Based within the Environmental Protection Team, you will be on the front line in dealing with members of the public, investigating statutory nuisances and a wide variety of pollution enquiries.
With a background in Environmental Protection and excellent track record as an Environmental Health Officer, you will be able to hit the ground running to ensure there is no interruption in the delivery of the service.
You must have excellent communication skills, a proven ability to manage and prioritise your own workload and an ability to act assertively on legal matters. A true team player, you will be rewarded with becoming part of a friendly but focused team that thrives on outstanding customer service.
- To undertake the full range of professional Environmental Health duties within Environmental Protection.
- Investigate complaints regarding Statutory Nuisances and Pollution (business, domestic, entertainment), identify the cause, propose remedies and take legal action if necessary.
- Conduct surveys of environmental conditions of residential and/or commercial premises, and preparation of reports, taking action to remedy nuisances or breaches of Regulations.
- Qualifications and /or practical knowledge, experience and skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Member of the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board (EHRB)
- Eligible for membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
- Relevant qualification in Acoustics & Noise Control (advantageous)
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience working in local government in a similar role
- Recent experience of investigating Statutory Nuisances, Pest Control problems, Filthy & Verminous premises, Anti-Social Behaviour and Environmental Crime
- Competent in all areas of Environmental Protection and Pollution Control
- IT skills (Experience of using Environmental Health management software (e.g. Flare)
- Car and full UK driving licence are essential.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email@example.com
Apply for Environmental Health Officer (Environmental Protection)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly