Our client in Essex is recruiting for an Enforcement Supervisor to undertake the day to day management of a team of Enforcement Officers to provide a full range of enforcement functions efficiently and to ensure that all processes and documentation standards are followed such that effective prosecution in relation to Environment Enforcement infringements can be undertaken as and when appropriate
- To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives/targets.
- To participate in Employee Development Scheme/Appraisals and contribute to the identification of your own and team development needs
- To actively promote the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy and Diversity Strategy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place.
- To ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 etc., the Council's Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
- To fully understand and be aware of the commitment to Section 17 ‘Duty of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 to prevent crime and disorder’.
- At the discretion of the Head of Service, such other activities as may from time to time may be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above.
- Health and Safety regulations, with specific reference to the use of vehicles, plant, equipment and chemicals in public spaces
- Able to prepare and assess Prosecution Case Files
- Detailed knowledge of Environment Enforcement legislation and best practice
- Detailed Knowledge of Public Space Protection Orders (PSPO)
- Detailed Knowledge or Community Protection Order (CPN)
- Track record of team management
- Managing a team working across a wide geographic area, on concurrent tasks within tight time frames
- Managing team communication both in gathering input from team members, and in effectively disseminating information
- Experience of implementing Environmental Legislation to ensure compliance taking formal enforcement action where possible
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org