Health and Safety Advisor
Our client in East London is recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor.
1. Implement the health and safety management system across all client bases that will include: acting as auditor for assessment/audits, producing action plans, preparing reports, monitoring progress etc.
2. Maintain relationships with client portfolio and be responsible for the providing of specific advice, guidance, support with the implementation of the Framework for that client and others as required.
3. Identification of key risks across particular service areas
4. To ensure targets and PIs are met specific to the role (separate document)
5. Maintaining and providing accurate and up-to-date data (using Pro-Evaluate, database, Excel etc).
6. Development of documentation (Standard Procedures, bulletins, manual documents, intranet and website information, risk assessments etc.) that is accurate, up-to-date and fit for purpose
7. To carry out research to ensure that the most up-to-date information is provided to the team/council
8. To undertake investigations and provide reports and recommendations/advice on prevention
9. Study trends from AIR/near miss information and target areas for guidance
10. To devise and deliver training (e.g. IOSH, Resilience, Stress, Manual Handling, Fire etc.) to a wide audience and assess and evaluate the training provided.
11. Provide a suitable advisory service to managers and staff including guidance on risk assessments and safe systems of work (in person, by phone, e-mail etc.)
12. Undertake specific projects as directed, assisting manager and Head of health and safety
13. Attend committee/PG meetings and other relevant meetings as directed by the manager and Head of Health and Safety
14. Maintain competencies across a broad range of health and safety topics and responsibilities and for agreed specialist areas
• GRADIOSH + NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (applications will be considered from TechIOSH who are working towards their Diploma or equivalent)
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org