Health & Safety Advisor
Our client in East London is recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor to assist in the provision of professional, comprehensive health and safety advisory service in order to achieve a continued improvement in health and safety performance and service delivery
- To facilitate the implementation of the health and safety management system framework, statutory requirements for health, safety and welfare to ensure that schools and clients can demonstrate compliance.
- To act as the lead on designated projects, research and investigations
- GRADIOSH + NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (applications will be considered from TechIOSH who are working towards their Diploma or equivalent)
- Implement the health and safety management system across all client bases that will include: acting as auditor for assessment/audits, producing action plans, preparing reports, monitoring progress etc.
- Maintain relationships with client portfolio and be responsible for the providing of specific advice, guidance, support with the implementation of the Framework for that client and others as required.
- Identification of key risks across particular service areas
- To ensure targets and PIs are met specific to the role (separate document)
- Maintaining and providing accurate and up-to-date data (using Pro-Evaluate, database, Excel etc).
- Development of documentation (Standard Procedures, bulletins, manual documents, intranet and website information, risk assessments etc.) that is accurate, up-to-date and fit for purpose
- To carry out research to ensure that the most up-to-date information is provided to the team/council
- To undertake investigations and provide reports and recommendations/advice on prevention
- Study trends from AIR/near miss information and target areas for guidance
- To devise and deliver training (e.g. IOSH, Resilience, Stress, Manual Handling, Fire etc.) to a wide audience and assess and evaluate the training provided.
- Provide a suitable advisory service to managers and staff including guidance on risk assessments and safe systems of work (in person, by phone, e-mail etc.)
- Undertake specific projects as directed, assisting manager and Head of health and safety
- Attend committee/PG meetings and other relevant meetings as directed by the manager and Head of Health and Safety
- Maintain competencies across a broad range of health and safety topics and responsibilities and for agreed specialist areas
- Provision of and delivery of quality services – ensuring a high level of service that is reflective of all customer needs and value for money
- Anticipates different customer needs – delivering a customer focused shared service which is a cultural ‘fit’, is flexible and proactive in approach
- Delivers a resilient business, which continuously improves and innovates with healthy revenue streams
- Operates an ethos of joint working and operates across the board regardless of location
- Delivers capacity and capability to operate business as usual with the capacity and capability to innovate and project manage to support this
- Delivers a flexible and scalable platform to innovate, enhance market knowledge and continuously improve
- Invests in people and skills to deliver a sustainable business
- Provides a transactional service that is multi-channelled, face to face, local and nationwide
- Adherence to Health and Safety requirements and proper risk management is required from all employees in so far as is relevant to their role. All employees are expected to understand and promote good health and safety practices and manage risks appropriately
- Deal with any Safeguarding issues that might arise, in line with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Comply with Health and Safety Regulations associated with your employment.
- Be aware of the council’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1984 for the security, accuracy and relevance of all personal data held on such systems and ensure that all processes comply with this.
- To treat all information acquired through your employment, both formally and informally, in strict confidence.
GRADIOSH + NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (applications will be considered from TechIOSH who are working towards their Diploma or equivalent)
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Health & Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly