Senior Environmental Health Officer / Senior Technical Officer
Our client in South London is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Health Officer / Senior Technical Officer to undertake environmental protection and public health duties to start ASAP initially for 3 months.
- Ensure that the Council’s duties in respect of requests for service relating to noise, atmospheric pollution and contaminated land are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Assist in carrying out the Council’s EnvironmentalProtection duties including (but not exclusively) noise, air pollution, contaminated land, integrated pollution and prevention control (IPPC), and air quality.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Pollution Control section of Environmental Health along with the provision of guidance and advice when required.
- Ensure that any strategies are implemented and reviewed, together with any monitoring programme.
- Ensure the investigation ofnoise and atmospheric pollution complaints together with appropriate action.
- Assist in the Environmental Health Service’s responses to planning applications, contaminated land consultations and landfill gas issues.
- Prepare reports, monitor performance indicators and produce benchmarking statistics as and when
EDUCATION & TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree (MSc or BSc) in Environmental Health together with Certificate of Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board EHORB (or equivalent qualification or extensive experience).
- Institute of Acoustics - Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control or Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement.
- Completion of continued professional development (CPD) related to Environmental protection in order to maintain skills.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (MCIEH or MCIEH CEnvH) or undertaking to complete membership prior to appointment (including meeting the necessary CIEH requirements).
- Relevant post graduate qualifications within the field of Environmental Protection such as environmental permitting contaminated land, pest management, air quality or similar.
- Recent experience working within an Environmental Protection Team at senior level.
- Experience of carrying out a significant caseload of investigations and inspections specifically related to Environmental Protection, Planning Consultations Contaminated Land, Permitted Processes, Air Quality and Noise Management.
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com.