Food Safety Officer
Our client in the Midlands is recruiting for a Food Safety Officer on a permanent basis to ensure that commercial premises comply with the relevant food safety and food standards legislation with the aim of ensuring that all food manufactured, prepared, stored, transported or sold is fit for human consumption and legally compliant.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide the Food Safety and Food Standards service desired in line with service demands by means of education, advice and enforcement activities. Duties include planning and undertaking interventions, sampling, investigations, training and educational courses/activities including promotion of health & wellbeing and legal action to ensure compliance with food safety, food standards and other Environmental Health legislation in connection with commercial premises.
- To investigate offences relating to matters for which the postholder is authorised, including the presentation of reports, maintenance of goods/documents for evidential purposes and attendance at court as required.
- To deal with requests for service; undertake investigations into complaints about premises, food poisoning and food borne incidents and assist with food related emergencies and environmental hazards.
- To provide full and detailed advice and information to the Principal EHO and the Food and Health & Safety Manager covering performance, national indicators, quality targets, customers views.
- To devise and implement the water and food sampling programme, and the EC Co-ordinated Food Control Programme.
- To ensure that all activities undertaken by the postholder are maintained on departmental records in accordance with appropriate confidentiality protocols, including the use of computerised information systems.
- To work positively and collaboratively as part of a team, to contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the Food and Health & Safety service plans and to provide information to the Principal EHO/Food and Health & Safety Manager which will enable service objectives to be monitored.
- To assist in the education and training of food workers, the licensed trade and the general public.
- To undertake project work and prepare and present reports on the subjects as agreed with the Principal EHO.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of the areas of work allocated to the food and health & safety team and represent the service at meetings and seminars as required.
A Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection and a certificate of registration issued by Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) or equivalent.
Up to date knowledge of food safety and food standards enforcement legislation and its application.
If you have the right experience for these roles and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com