Assistant Waste Enforcement Officer
Our client in the North West of England is looking for a Assistant Waste Enforcement Officer to start immediately.
- To implement the councils policies in respect of enforcement of waste related issues within the borough.
- To take appropriate enforcement action against breaches of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, The Refuse Disposal (Amenity) Act 1978, Highways Act 1980, Clean Neighbourhoods Act 2005 and other relevant legislation, within the provisions of The Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (P.A.C.E)
- To carry out targeted general enforcement duties, including the issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices.
- To collect evidence to support all enforcement activities, ensuring that it is appropriately documented in accordance with P.A.C.E.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental protection, refuse disposal (amenity), Highways, and Police and Criminal Evidence Acts in relation to street based enforcement must be able to offer advice and assistance as necessary
- Knowledge and understanding for the workings of a refuse service and street cleansing operational environment and the impact of the councils policies on customers of the service
- Experience in investigating breaches of legislation.
- Experience in dealing with and investigating customer enquiries and complaints
- Experience in a waste collection / street cleansing environment
- Car and full driving licence is essential
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com