Our clients in South London is looking for a Licensing Officer to start immediately.
- To play a key role in the design and operational delivery of a wide range of Licensing focused initiatives; which deliver positive community safety outcomes on behalf of the council, stakeholders and partner organisations.
- To carry out a broad range of duties in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 and associated legislation/statutory guidance, delivering a best practice based approach which contributes towards the relevant service targets and policy aspirations.
- To assess representations received under the Licensing Act 2003, gambling Act 2005, London Local Authorities Act 1990 and the Highways Act 1980 to ensure they are relevant.
- To act as an authorised officer for specified legislation and undertake inspections, visits and regulatory activity to ensure compliance with all relevant Licensing, gambling and consumer protection related legislation.
- To investigate licensing and gambling related complaints and deliver proactive and preventative activity designed to improve levels of statutory compliance within the borough.
- To manage a caseload of licensing compliance related matters and liaise extensively with the relevant Responsible Authorities, Licensees, Legal Professionals and other Community Safety colleagues to deliver effective outcomes which align with the relevant policies, procedures and Community Safety service plans.
- Post holders at this level will have a relevant Licensing or technical qualification at least NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Membership of the Institute of Licensing.
- At least two years experience in the delivery of similar Licensing role
- Standard DBS is essential
To register your interest or for further information about the role, please call us on 02087325450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Licensing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly