Trading Standards Officer
Our clients in South London is looking for a Trading Standards Officer to start immediately.
- To play a key role in the design and operational delivery of a wide range of Trading Standards focused initiatives; which deliver positive community safeguarding outcomes on behalf of the council, stakeholders and partner organisations.
- To carry out inspection duties under the full range of legislation enforced by the
- Trading Standards Team, deal with any follow up work and represent the Authority at Court as required.
- This will require lone working and dealing with clients on contentious issues on site.
- To assist the Principal Trading Standards Officer with the development of project plans, policies and protocols etc.
- To participate in promotion of fair trading/community safety initiatives and business education activities.
- To act as an authorised officer for specified legislation and undertake inspections, visits and regulatory activity to ensure compliance with all relevant consumer protection / trading standards legislation.
- Part DCATS (including Foundation), or Diploma in Consumer Affairs (parts 1 and 2),or Degree in Consumer Protection, or equivalent degree in an appropriate discipline
- At least two years experience
- Knowledge of the legislative framework relating to Street Trading with demonstrable evidence of career development within asimilar regulatory/development role.
- Standard DBS is essential
Rates are negotiable depending on experience
To register your interest or for further information about the role, please call us on 02087325450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org