Senior Community Safety Officer
Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Community Safety Officer in South London to play a central role in the delivery of regulatory functions outlined within statutory legislation such as the Licensing Act 2003, The Control of Pollution Act 1974 and The Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- To assist the Community Safety Area Manager with the management and delivery of neighbourhood based crime and anti-social behaviour reduction and prevention initiatives.
- To assist the Community Safety Area Manager with the delivery of the relevant Community Safeguarding statutory services and to ensure that resources are used effectively to tackle priority issues and achieve service outcomes.
- To play a lead role in ensuring the effective delivery of Trading Standards, Licensing, Environmental Enforcement, Noise Nuisance, Anti-Social Behaviour and crime prevention services at neighbourhood level.
- To develop performance management systems as directed by the Community Safety Area Manager and establish protocols designed to deliver continuous service improvement.
- To assist the Community Safety Area Manager with the management of all neighbourhood based Community Safety partnership meetings, delivery groups and community forums.
- To deliver noise nuisance related “responsible authority” functions (as outlined within the Licensing Act 2003) at neighbourhood level and take the lead role in the assessment of premises licence applications, variations and Temporary Event Notices.
- To deliver statutory Environmental Health functions in relation to the statutory nuisance provisions outlined within s.79 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- To provide technical advice on noise nuisance, environmental health, environmental enforcement and anti-social behaviour related matters to Senior Managers, Elected Members, citizens and other stakeholders.
- To oversee the successful design, delivery and evaluation of new and existing Community Safety standard operating procedures.
- To actively engage with residents, businesses and community groups as directed by the Community Safety Area Manager to establish local priorities and performance targets and inform the development of area based community safety initiatives.
- To assist the Community Safety Area Manager on specific geographical or problem solving projects and to ensure that the appropriate measures are in place to deliver agreed activity and measure specific outcomes.
- To assist the Community Safety Area Manager to ensure that income targets set in relation to enforcement and regulatory services are achieved.
- To oversee the production of high quality prosecution case files and ensure compliance with service standards and statutory guidance.
- To participate in appropriate research and development activities which drive continuous service improvement as directed by the Community Safeguarding Area Manager.
- To co-ordinate and evaluate the delivery of planned ‘out of hours’ monitoring, enforcement and case management activity.
- To contribute towards the completion of the required statutory risk assessments in respect of Community Safety related policy, procedure and practice as directed by the Community Safeguarding Area Manager.
Relevant degree and/ or professional qualification or two years’ relevant work experience
- In depth of knowledge of the relevant Community Safety / Consumer Protection legislative framework, including high level working knowledge of the provisions outlined within the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, Licensing Act 2003 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Sound working knowledge of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, Criminal Procedure & Investigations Act 1996 and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering similar Community Safety, regulatory enforcement or Anti-social behaviour problem solving services in a similar Public Sector Organisation
- Sound understanding of the responsible authority functions outlined within the Licensing Act 2003.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Senior Community Safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly