Community Safety Area Manager
Our client in South London is recruiting for a Community Safety Area Manager to oversee the effective delivery of Trading Standards, Licensing, Environmental Enforcement, Noise Nuisance, Anti-Social Behaviour and crime prevention services at neighbourhood level.
Main purpose of post
To hold senior line management responsibility for the planning, co-ordination and delivery of effective crime & disorder reduction strategies within a ‘ward cluster’ neighbourhood area and lead the continued monitoring and evaluation of the relevant Community Safeguarding policy and statutory compliance framework.
The post-holder will be required to establish and maintain strong working partnerships with the Metropolitan Police and other relevant enforcement and regulatory bodies and establish an effective performance management framework; which sets clear service standards and measures performance against key service outcomes.
.Key Unit Accountabilities
- Hold senior line management accountability for the delivery of a wide range of community safety, consumer protection and regulatory services at ward cluster or neighbourhood level.
- Work creatively alongside Council partners, citizens and other service users to establish service priorities and develop innovative solutions to tackle a wide range of community safety related issues.
- Liaise extensively with the Metropolitan Police, Statutory Organisations, Enforcement Agencies and Business Improvement Districts to further establish the Council’s partnership approach towards the design, delivery and evaluation of crime and anti-social behaviour reduction initiatives.
- Liaise extensively with legal professionals, statutory bodies and senior colleagues to ensure full scale compliance with the relevant statutory framework.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of statutory Environmental Health functions in relation to the statutory nuisance provisions outlined within s.79 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Oversee the management of complex or contentious cases in order to deliver positive outcomes and make detailed recommendations to further develop existing operating procedures and statutory compliance guidelines.
- Establish and evaluate core service standards & operational practices and develop effective performance management systems; with a strong emphasis on localised problem solving and customer/citizen satisfaction.
- Responsible for the direction, management and routine tasking of assigned staff within the neighbourhood team and take the appropriate management action to ensure that service targets are achieved in line with the relevant service delivery plan.
- Act as a principal advisor on crime and disorder reduction strategies and provide detailed advice and guidance on Community Safety related matters to Senior Managers, Elected Members, citizens and other stakeholders.
- To develop positive and cohesive relationships working with a diversity of networks and partnerships in the borough, (and cross borough), to promote, facilitate, develop and deliver plans and projects to achieve neighbourhood enforcement objectives.
Requirements / Experience
- Relevant degree and/ or professional qualification or two years’ relevant work experience
- In depth of knowledge of the relevant Community Safety / Consumer Protection legislative framework, including high level working knowledge of the provisions outlined within the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, Licensing Act 2003 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Sound working knowledge of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, Criminal Procedure & Investigations Act 1996 and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering similar Community Safety, regulatory enforcement or Anti-social behaviour problem solving services in a Public Sector Organisation
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Community Safety Area Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly