Air Quality Officer
Working on behalf of a Local Authority in North London, Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity for an Air Quality Officer to start asap.
Main duties and responsibilities
- implementation of the Local AirQuality Management regime which includes:
- submission of updating and screening assessments, detailed assessments, progress reports and airquality action plans according to Defra guidance and deadlines
- co-ordinate steering groups and workshops for airquality action plans and carrying out public consultations
- implement and co-ordinate airquality monitoring including the replacement of diffusion tubes on a monthly basis and the calibration of the continuous analysers
- prepare and submit bids for Defra airquality grant funding (when applicable).
- procure the services of airquality consultants as and when required
- manage and lead on the implementation and delivery of actions detailed within current and/or future airquality action plans.
- manage and review the service contracts for the airquality equipment and data management.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure that the airquality equipment is maintained and operating correctly. Ensure that the data management contractors are providing a good service.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the equipment and provide training for other officers as and when required.
- carry out public promotion and education campaigns on airquality issues. Actively look for opportunities to promote airquality within the council and other external organisations
- keep up to date with current legislation, regulations, guidance, technical and scientific developments. Promote good working relationships with partners such as Defra, Environment Agency and other local authorities and internal departments
- represent the council at meetings and forums. Prepare reports for management, committees and give presentations.
- maintain, update and where possible improve web pages relating to airquality
- investigate airquality complaints, enquiries and requests for information in accordance with service targets
- monitor planning applications and provide comments to planners including advice and guidance if developments may have an impact on airquality, in accordance with service targets
- Minimal educational requirements Degree in Environmental Sciences
- Relevant experience - able to demonstrate a wide and extensive knowledge in airquality work.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Air Quality Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly