Scientific Officer/ Senior Scientific Officer
Our client in North London is looking for a Scientific Officer/ Senior Scientific Officer to provide technical expertise and support in the Environmental Health Team.
- To undertake in the inspection and revisiting of premises, vehicles, stalls, plant or equipment.
- To undertake in the investigation of complaints, contraventions or legislation, appeals, licensing requirements, infection, accidents, risk or other circumstances within the general purview of the Environmental Health Section.
- To undertake enforcement of legislation, licensing and other powers as may from time to time be required.
- To undertake sampling, testing or seizure of products, materials, gases or substances and to maintain a good working knowledge of the operation of all noise recording and associated equipment.
- To undertake research or surveys related to the work of the Section and provided support in specialist work areas, relating to air quality, air pollution and acoustic, scheduled B processes and contaminated land.
- To prepare reports, licenses, correspondence, briefs, plans and statistics as required and keep a daily record of work undertaken.
- To give evidence at legal proceedings and judicial hearings.
- To assist in the preparation and execution of publicity, campaigns, exhibitions and demonstrations of equipment as required.
- To assist in the completion of teamwork programmes laid down by the Scientific Services Team Leader and/or Group Manager.
- To keep the Principal Officer /Group Manager fully informed and consult him/her as necessary on any aspect of work which is controversial, political. Policy, financial or otherwise of a sensitive nature.
- To familiarise him/herself with changes in legislation, policies, attitudes and techniques relevant to his/her service area.
- To scrutinise, process and comment on applications, plans, reports, schemes or other submissions for environmental guidance or clearance as directed by the Principal Officer/Group Manager.
- Ability to deal with customers including contractors, Managers and Owners
- Ability to manage a wide ranging and heavy workload
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Essential to maintain accurate written records
- Ability to operate pollution monitoring equipment including noise monitoring equipment
- Knowledge of pollution issues and legislation
- A degree or vocational qualification related to pollution control
- Willingness to undertake additional training related to job
- Current driving licence and provision of car
- Physically able to perform job e.g. carry equipment
- Demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities
To register your interest or for further information about the role, call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Apply for Scientific Officer/ Senior Scientific Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly