Contaminated Land Officer
Our client in the East Midlands is recruiting for a Contaminated Land Officer to enforce, advise and give guidance on contaminated land matters under both the Developmental Control and Environmental Protection Act 1990 Part IIA regimes including research as necessary.
- Carry out the Council’s enforcement responsibilities under Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 as determined by the Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
- Assist in the development, review and implementation of the Contaminated Land Strategy.
- Respond appropriately to requests for Environmental Protection advise and comments from other Council Service areas, for example Planning and Development Control, as determined by the Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
- Prepare reports on Contaminated Land issues for Council committees, Members, Service Unit Managers and other Senior Officers in consultation with the Environmental Protection Manager.
- Attend Council committees, public meetings, training programmes and other proactive events as a representative of the Environmental Protection Section.
A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or an equivalent relevant qualification is essential.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Contaminated Land Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly