Our Local Authority client in North London is recruiting for a Licensing Officer to process applications for licences, and respond to breaches of conditions and un-licensed activity, in accordance with legal requirements.
- To ensure that licensed premises and vehicles are safe for public use.
- To ensure licenses are only granted in accordance with legislative, policy and procedural requirements.
- To ensure licensable activities are carried on in accordance with legislation, policies and conditions.
- To provide an efficient and effective service to agreed performance targets.
- To assist in promoting a positive image of the Department and the Council’s Customer Care Policy.
- To provide a working environment free from harassment and discrimination.
Summary of Job Tasks
- Processes applications for licences made in person, by post or electronically.
- Authorises the issue of licences (hackney carriages, private hire vehicles, hackney / private hire drivers, private hire operators; Licensing Act 2003; Gambling Act 2005; other miscellaneous licences).
- Maintains adequate records to provide an audit trail of work undertaken.
- Consults and liaises with statutory bodies, businesses, residents and elected members in respect of applications.
- Produces and presents reports, statements and correspondence for communication with managers, elected members, applicants, consultees and other statutory authorities.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures for the efficient and effective working of the section.
- Advises statutory bodies, businesses, residents and elected members on licensing policies, procedures and legislation.
- Assists and supports licensing enforcement operations.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com