Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer
Our client in North London is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer to start asap initially for 3 months.
- To carry out efficient and good quality Regulatory advice and action across private rented housing stock
- To be responsible for an allocated case load of a wide range of properties either in a designated geographical area, or in a particular regulatory role, carrying out reactive, proactive and programmed inspections of vacant and occupied residential housing.
- To assist in the delivery of any legislative programmes of enforcement such as mandatory licencing schemes are carried out and monitored effectively.
- To accurately carry out full property inspections in accordance with the Housing Act 2004 Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) (Or later legislation as appropriate)
- To ensure that housing conditions are monitored and addressed by making accurate standard diagnoses of disrepair, defects and deficiencies recommendations for action and by creating referrals to other agencies where appropriate.
- You will be fully conversant with the application of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the Housing Act 2004 and be a registered practitioner Have experience of inspecting Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Preferably have an
- Environmental Health Degree / Masters qualification, and proven track record of investigating matters in relation to poor housing conditions, environmental issues and serving legal notices under various types of legislation (in addition to the Housing Act 2004) to improve property and management standards in private rented accommodation Hold a clean driving license and ability to work at height essential Have experience of instigating formal enforcement activity and leading on prosecutions in relation to offences committed under the Housing Act 2004.
Our client is ideally looking for candidates who can commit to full-time work, although there is a degree of flexibility.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.