Noise Nuisance Officer x2
Our client in East London is looking to appoint two officers to deal with a range of noise complaints from construction sites to domestic noise to start asap initially for till the end of March 2018.
- To undertake acoustic assessments and noisesurveys with reference to relevant British and Industry Standards. Authoring expert acoustic reports for the purpose of providing evidence in support of criminal and civil proceedings.
- To act as a profession and expert witness in the field of acoustics and noisenuisance
- To review and critically assess third party acoustic reports and assessments
- Work within and contribute to the NoiseandNuisance/Response team’s advisory and front-line enforcement duties aligned with the Council’s strategic plans, vision, objectives and service delivery standards.
- Prepare relevant legal documentation for presentation at the relevant Court (e.g civil, criminal) or tribunal or hearing, including the licensing sub-committees.
- Undertake and self-manage within delegated parameters and authority lead responsibility for specific areas of service delivery in noisenuisanceand acoustics.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Ability and application to acquire the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills sufficient to effectively carry out duties commensurate with the post.
- The ability to undertake work programmes and meet targets.
- Ability to work in partnership with others and achieve shared outcomes..
- Ability to undertake in situ risk assessments on personal safety.
- Ability to manage casework.
- Good interpersonal skills relevant to duties.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Creative and practical approach to problem solving
- Practical and theoretical knowledge and skills sufficient to effectively carry out the duties within the NoiseandNuisance/Response Team within Regulatory Services.
- Ability to prepare and quality check letters, reports and service related legal documents.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE “O” level qualifications or equivalent ( to include Maths and
English), and a minimum of 2 “ A” level qualifications or equivalent.
- Post graduate diploma in acoustics of equivalent qualification·Significant experience of working in a customer focused service
- Significant experience in criminal and civil enforcement
- Significant experience in authoring witness statements, legal files and expert acoustic reports.
- Significant experience in undertaking and managing complex and technical investigations and problem solving
- Experience in undertaking technical appraisals of acoustic reports and assessments
- Experience undertaking environmental noisesurveys and assessments
- Experience presenting complex acoustic evidence in court and public hearings acting as an expert witness.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.